Shepherding/Discipleship Movement Survivor's Blog

The present-day impact of the Shepherding/Discipleship movement from the perspective of a former member of Morning Star International (now Every Nation Churches and Ministries).

Saturday, March 04, 2006

The Test II

I found this linked from the Supernatural Kingdom blog, and just had to take it for myself.


You scored as Chalcedon compliant. You are Chalcedon compliant. Congratulations, you're not a heretic. You believe that Jesus is truly God and truly man and like us in every respect, apart from sin. Officially approved in 451.

Chalcedon compliant

100%

Nestorianism

67%

Apollanarian

33%

Pelagianism

33%

Monophysitism

33%

Arianism

0%

Monarchianism

0%

Adoptionist

0%

Docetism

0%

Donatism

0%

Albigensianism

0%

Modalism

0%

Gnosticism

0%

Socinianism

0%

Are you a heretic?
created with QuizFarm.com


Hooray, I'm not a heretic!!! And I promise I didn't cheat by looking at "Speakword's" answers first.

Actually, I had a much easier time answering these questions than the ones on another related test, "What's your theological worldview?"

You scored as Evangelical Holiness/Wesleyan. You are an evangelical in the Wesleyan tradition. You believe that God's grace enables you to choose to believe in him, even though you yourself are totally depraved. The gift of the Holy Spirit gives you assurance of your salvation, and he also enables you to live the life of obedience to which God has called us. You are influenced heavly by John Wesley and the Methodists.

Evangelical Holiness/Wesleyan

71%

Reformed Evangelical

64%

Neo orthodox

61%

Fundamentalist

61%

Emergent/Postmodern

46%

Charismatic/Pentecostal

25%

Classical Liberal

18%

Roman Catholic

14%

Modern Liberal

14%

What's your theological worldview?
created with QuizFarm.com


Hmm, hmm, hmm... well, I guess that settles it, I'm not really Pentecostal/charismatic. Theologically confused is probably more like it. I was surprised I scored as high on the postmodern/emergent scale as well, given how I have some serious problems with postmodernism. But I guess I can live with being predominantly Wesleyan. At least I'm sure about Christian essentials, including the full humanity and deity of Jesus Christ, the Trinity being eternally one God in three Persons, salvation by grace alone through faith alone, etc. But I often feel like the apostle Paul seeing through a glass darkly. Outside of the essentials, I try not to be overly pedantic. However, when it comes to the essentials I am admittedly dogmatic.

Also, I got a 93 on my first "Cults" exam, which was the highest score in the class. Average score was in the 60s. Scarrry...

1 Comments:

Blogger Sophia Sadek said...

My condolences. Some day you may experience the beatitude of heresy.

2:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home